Vacature Production Manager
Modus Engineering is momenteel op zoek naar een Production Manager voor de Plant-Owner Valtris Specialty Chemicals die actief is in de chemie in regio Maastricht.
Dit betreft een vacature voor een vast dienstverband waarvoor wij de recruitment verzorgen.
De core business van Valtris is het verwerken van benzylchloride tot benzylalcohol. Dit is te vinden in diverse eindproducten zoals coatings, persoonlijke verzorgingsproducten en farmaceutische producten.
The Job: Production Manager
- Manage and support the production process to realize the agreed production plan within the budgets, time schedules and safety-, quality- and environmental requirements.
- The production (incl. logistics handling) of Benzylalcohol (20.000 ton per year) derivatives is realized by a team of approx. 20 people.
- Management of the operational team (20 FTE) to get the best out of the team and work together with other site members to assure all Site activities and improvements.
- The management of the production metrics, systemic processes related to production.
- Leading the day-to-day maintenance activities to achieve the required reliability.
- Follow up of investment projects and acts as process and project engineer in respect to Maastricht projects. This will be partially filled in by others, but skills in this direction are required.
- Responsible that the production teams are working according to SHEQ- procedures of the site and respect the VALTRIS standards in all the activities which he supervises. Shall assist, accommodate, and support all SHE activities and propose improvements on any SHEQ area related to activities.
- Acts as a team member in safety studies (f.e. HAZOP) responsible for the Production part.
- Responsible for optimisation of the reliability and overall cost of production.
- Proposes workable ideas related to production or other related processes and organizes or follows up the implementation within own staff or third party.
- Proposes improvement ideas on variable costs and fixed costs. Supports the execution of the fixed and variable cost program of the site.
- Responsible for the supervision of manpower trough leadership, delegation, motivation, and training.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of the Team leads and the operating shift personnel, the Maintenance Supervisor (and team), production officer and the external logistics people.
- Replaces the site manager in his absence for urgent matters.
- Follows up the technological evolutions on the market regarding the technical disciplines he/she deals with.
- Initiates technical improvements on existing assets.
- Advises on design, engineering and construction of new projects.
- Responsible for start-up of new projects.
- Advises and supports capex year plan.
- BSc/MSc (Chemical Engineering /Mechanical Engineering / similar).
- Pragmatic personality.
- Languages: fluent Dutch and professional English.
- Is sufficiently informed about legislations concerning environment, PED, ATEX & inspections.
- Strong analytical problem-solver and trouble-shooter.
- Strong conceptual and analytical capability.
- Knowledge on production process improvement, process control, safety, and quality management. Keen to work with others on these topics.